Tuesday, January 12, 2010

H.W# 33

Paper Outline (possible not 100%)


Thesis- Trying to be "cool" is actually making us loose who we truly are.

"Cool" is "uncool" - showing how this cool idea that has been put on us is wrong (maybe even bad?)

Possible Arguments-

* Having an idea of the different types of cools there are, how we fit into them, what happens if we don't (outcast?)

Ummm I'm not set on the arguments , since I haven't decided on my thesis but I know I will put in these things that we have learned about and talked about during class discussions:
-Merchants of cool -"how something is made 'cool'"
- The empty feeling- how it relates to cool, can it be due to the "stress" of trying to be cool?
- The way of living cool, looking cool..
-Tattoos "cool" image
- Cultural maps- what they see as "cool"
- Cool Pose

Most of these will probably be one category since they all relate, but once I'm set and stone with one thesis I can have a more structed , detailed list.

1 comment:

  1. I think that your rough draft is understandable but you really need to add a lot of stuff that we have learned in class. You should include a thesis that talks about how trying to be cool is actually hurting us. I actually have a good thesis that connects with what your trying to say so you can feel free to look at my thesis and gather up ideas. You are going into the right direction when talking about your arguments but don't forget to include philosophers theories about cool and try to agree or disagree with it. You paper should have a good flow to it but your going into the right direction. Just develop that thesis and you should gather up enough info from there. Good job.

    ReplyDelete