Sunday, September 27, 2009

Comment on Video Project

Well while recording and watching my video I realized it was supposed to seem natural, but it didn't feel that way. I recorded the video at my cousins house in her computer, (since mine still isn't working -_- )with my family having there usual convo in the back. Her computer is in the corner of her living room so I couldn't really show myself in "t.v. Watching mode" or anything else except listening to my ipod and texting.

While the digital representation really shows how I look physically doing those things I'm not really sure how that makes me feel. I guess it just makes us all seem really centered into what's going on infront of us and nothing else, such as in the video I was texting and didn't hear my cousin calling me.

I have a little sister who spends so much time wrapped into this digitalization. She's only 12 and she's very hooked, I honestly wish she wasn't. Its already taking over the younger generations lives,so I could only imagine what things will be like in a couple of years.

The contrast between what I look like on the digital representation and how I look interacting with it is something that people want to change. Its kinda the same though, except your not watching yourself, your usually watching others. I have a
Wii but I have not purchased any of those games in which you can actually see yourself working out and what not. They just want to draw us in deeper and deeper, making us just keep wanting more of what's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment