Sunday, September 27, 2009

Interviews of Mom, Stranger, and Best Friend (More will be up soon)

Interview w/ my mom:
..(Explanation of why I'm doing this...)

Me: How many hours would u say you spend on digitalization?

Mom: Not many, I'm only on my phone when I need to, such as talkin with you and your sister, or
with family.

Me: Do you think well ever go back to how it was before?

Mom: No, were going to get worse. Period.

Me: Do you see any good in it? Or any possible good in it?

Mom: There are some possible good things, such as school work being easier for you guys or me keeping in touch with my family, but what else is it helpful for?

Me: What about us as your kids? What do you think of the time we spend with our technology?

Mom: I constantly tell you guys your on you phone/ i-pod/ watching t.v. etc. too much. Sometime your on it and you guys don't even realize what's going on in your surroundings. That's not good, how will it be in the future?

Interview with Strangers:

Ask if they have time and give a real quick explanation of why your doing this) Then ask...

Me: How many hours would u say you spend on things such as your phone,ipod, internet, t.v?

Stranger #1: A lot of time! Its my whole life in this one simple device, it can't get better than that.

Me: Really? So you don't see any harm in it? You don't think ppl are too addicted?

Stranger #1: Hmm , there might be some harm and ppl might be addicted but honestly I dnt see myself without all this technology. Where would we be?

Me: Ok, so on that note, do you think well ever go back to how it was before?

Stranger #1: I hope we don't haha, its too useful.

Me: So if we dnt, and this only advances in a couple of yrs, would you want your kids to be so into this new technology?

Stranger #1: I guess I wouldn't want them to spend all there time on it, I would want them to go out and have fun as well.

Me: Do you think you do those things ?

Stranger # 1: Yea I do, mayb even with the help of the technology.

Me: Ok thank You for your time , Bye.

Stranger # 2

(Once again ask if they have time and give a real quick explanation of why your doing this) Then ask...

Me: How many hours would u say you spend on things such as your phone,ipod, internet, t.v?

Stranger #2: Well on the more practical things such as 
ipod and phone a lot, I don't go out with out them, there kind off part of me and my day.

Me: So without them you feel..?

Stranger #2: Lost, corny I know, but its as though somethings missing, its a part of me.

Me:I know how you feel, but don't you think that's bad?

Stranger #2: Yea It is, but its just a matter of us being soo used to it.

Me: How do you think this will be in the future?

Stranger #2: Probably the same, newer things will come out, ppl will want it and they will get it.

Me: Ok thank You for your time , Bye.

Interview w/ my 
best friend:

Me: So how much time do you spend using technology?

Stephanie: The whole day except when sleeping, I text I'm on aim, myspace etc.

Me: Do you think spending so much time on it makes ur life better or worse?

Stephanie: It makes it easier for sure, and I love that. Its easier meaning its faster. When it comes to making my life better, it doesn't , but its very helpful.

Me: Helpful In what ways?

Stephanie: I can keep in touch with ppl easier, friends I haven't seen in yrs, family in other places, homework is easier as well.

Me: Ok so you don't think there's anything bad about it?

Stephanie: No, maybe the fact that sometimes I'm so engrossed in it and I dnt notice anything around me, but other than that no.

Me: How do you think things will be in a couple yrs? Will we ever go back to how things were before?

Stephanie: Things will just be getting newer and easier, I don't think we will ever go back to the ways things were.

Me: Why not?

Stephanie: It's just not possible. People like new better things. Technology just seems to make things that much better. Its soo useful.

Me: Ok thankz




No comments:

Post a Comment