Friday, October 30, 2009

H.W 15 Treasure Hunt

My two partners are Elvis and Katherine:
Elvis,

I really enjoyed reading your posts 10-14. I understand what you are trying to show us. I really relate to much of what you have to say, if not your posts open my mind up to new thoughts and ideas. i liked the fact that you found Feed to be a great book and that showed me that you not only read it but understood it well.

Post number 14 was very interesting. You said "
We are known for how we speak and if you don't know how to speak very well than you will have a problem finding a "good" job." I believe this is very true and the digital world isn't really enhancing this isn't it? You also said that the digital world is beating the non- digital but is that for our benefit or there's? sure they make money but we get.....? a fun time? . I agree with you when you said that people who read attend museums and what not more. I don't think that just because your read you spend more time at these places, sure it probably is more likely but not 100%.

For your self experiment you decided to do the opposite of what i did. You doubled your time, i personally thought this wasnt the best idea, but it was interesting to see how someone else dealt with that. While i read i realized that what i had thought was right. It didn't work out for you. " i would never recommend anybody doing what i did because it will kill you or mess with you mentally and physically." i found this funny. After doing this will you try to do another experiment where you do less of the digital, do you think you will still be able to know what your friends are saying? and maybe even understand them more?

Overall your posts are very insightful. You think of things that sometimes i let pass by or you open my mind to new ideas. I enjoy reading them and i am looking forward to seeing how your ideas grow in your newer posts.

Katherine,

I enjoyed reading posts 10-14. They had many facts more than anything, and I thought that was something very good. I can tell you really read Feed and thought about what the author was trying to portray. I also like how u related some of your ideas to something like falling in love. ( I didn't even think about it in that specific way lol)

In your response to feed being art you said "Art is not a Mirror with which to reflect the World. It is a Hammer with which to shape it." i think this book was meant to be a mirror and not a hammer. a mirror being the reflection of who we are in the digital world, allowing us to see what we have really become"
I thought it was interesting how you thought differently from myself. I think that they sort off balance each other out, but you believe its just a mirror. Could it have been a hammer as well? Why do you think it is not a hammer?

Your ideas on how Anderson failed to portray his true message on Feed made me think about something new. Maybe the point of us not understanding that it is our lives now is just part of the book, making us just prove once more how dumb we truly are getting?
If this is so, wouldn't you think he actually succeeded in what he was trying to do? Maybe that just proves his point more.
I did notice our self experiments were very alike. We both decided to turn down the digitization and you seemed to think you succeeded, while i not so much. Your experiment seemed to affect your next day, you said it felt good to not be behind on your schedule, while my experiment didn't affect my schedule the next day at all. I was back to my same late to school self (-_-)

Katherine, your posts are interesting to read. I enjoy seeing how different, or alike we may see certain things, it really helps expand my thinking. Thanks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment