Monday, November 30, 2009

H.W #24- Short Story

Trynna be Cool:

  He walks in, looks over, no ones looking.
  " Damn" he thinks, someone should have noticed I came in. 
He shrugs it off, they aren't important anyway.
  "What's up matt?" He yells. 
"What are the plans for tonight, anything interesting?" 
He tries to ignore the weird look Matt just made.
  " Nahh, nothings going on, imma just b chilling" he replies.
  " Oo iight can I chill too?" He says while hoping he agrees to it.
  " I dnt think dat will work, anyway I have to go to class, ill c u around?" Matt then speeds off.
  " His loss, shyt would have been fun" 
  He walks off, no need to go to class on time. 
  " Uggh here he comes " some girl whispers.
  He looks behind him " must be talking about some loser behind me" he thinks.
  "What's up ladiessss" he says leaning into the prettier of the two.        
"Umm g2g" she says and runs up the stairs while her friend follows giggling. 
  " Guess ill go to class" he murmurs.
  As he opens the door everyone looks over , disappointed in what they see they go back to work, he tries to crack a joke, it doesn't work. 
  "Take a seat" his teacher yells.
  "Fine" he says while walking towards his seat. He doesn't bother taking notes, he just lays his head down and sleeps through the class dreaming of how great his life is.

2 comments:

  1. Carol,
    Haha...I liked your story. I think it's what a lot of guys go through. They try to impress their "boys" and bag the girls. But in it, you see a lot of insecurity and low self esteem. That kinda makes me sympathetic towards the character, even though it doesn't seem like his personality is very likable. The struggle to be popular is like the lottery; many will play, few will win. But what about those, who like your character, can't win? It's not a good feeling to get rejected, but I feel that he should stop trying to make people like him who don't like him, and just turn his attention elsewhere. He'd be a lot happier.

    Good Job on the story =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your story carol. I thought how you portrayed boys was pretty accurate. It is hard to be popular and he should get his attention from family because that's most important I believe. Not only will it make him happier but healthier because less stress. Great job!

    ReplyDelete